These days, marketing a business online is all about smart strategies. Although there are the obvious choices like social media marketing, search engine optimization and paid advertising, you also need to know which one will best fit your requirements.
With 4.55 billion people active on social media as of October 2021, investing on social media marketing makes perfect sense. If done right, you’ll get a lot of exposure, gain followers and sell products, all on social media platforms. But while social media is considered the most powerful digital marketing platform today, it doesn’t mean that there’s no stiff competition. One of these is Google Ads, a paid advertising strategy that gets you to the top of organic search results, so you can drive more traffic to your website. But is it really better than social media?
Google Ads vs. Social Media: The Benefits
Both these strategies offer benefits that will help you achieve your marketing goals.
Social media marketing
- Better brand recognition. Since millions of people check their social media accounts regularly with some even relying on it for research about brands and products, promoting on social media promotes better awareness for your brand.
- Lower marketing expenses. You don’t need a lot of money to promote your brand on social media, especially if you work with a cheap social media marketing agency that can offer you a budget-friendly package. You also don’t need to pay for anything when creating your social media accounts.
- Improved brand loyalty. One of the biggest benefits of promoting on social media is the opportunity to engage with consumers. With the help of an Instagram ads specialist, for instance, you get to listen to customer feedback and address them, which increases the customer happiness and promotes better brand loyalty.
- A targeted audience. Google designed its algorithm to be audience-specific, so if you invest in PPC services like Google Ads, you can guarantee that you’re reaching your target audience, which means that you’re getting high-quality leads.
- Flexibility. Google Ads can fit to the needs of your business, and you can make adjustments as your requirements grow. With the help of a pay per click agency, you get to maximize this tool and even integrate it with other software programs and marketing platforms to achieve the best results.
- User intent. One of the biggest benefits of using Google Ads is the ability to understand the exact intent and preferences of your audience. This means that your page will appear on the search results of users who are looking for your products.
Which is the better strategy?
Both Google Ads and social media can be beneficial to your business. The choice will just depend on what you’re trying to achieve. The question is: when do you need Google Ads or social media as part of your campaign?
- You need social media when you’re still trying to build your brand. If you’re a startup, going on social media is such a smart move because you can build and engage a community of followers to help promote your brand without spending a lot of money on your campaign. Keep in mind that social media is best used when you’re all about brand exposure and awareness.
- You need Google Ads when you’ve already established yourself as a brand and you’re now looking for high-quality leads and hopefully convert them into customers. Although it is advisable to still use social media on the side for awareness, Google Ads is best used when you’re trying to put your products out there and really sell.
Are you ready to make a difference to your business? Explore both PPC services and social media marketing to ensure that you utilize every strategy available out there for you to try. Digital Visibility Concepts can help you reach your goals, contact us at 800-589-7346 or email us at email@example.com.