SEO optimization service is a must for every business, and there are numbers to prove it. With 66% of all online experiences and 63% of all shopping beginning with a search engine, it’s very important to invest in optimization strategies that will put you at the forefront of the competition.
Now, if you’ve tried launching an online campaign, you already know how technical SEO can get, which is why you need the help of experts. But if that’s not confusing enough, there are now two types of SEO: local SEO and national SEO. Here, we’ll talk about the differences and their best practices:
According to research, 97% of consumers go online to search for local businesses that can provide them with the products and services that they need. So, if you’re a business, you’d want to tap on that consumer market and make your brand visible to these consumers. This is where local SEO services for small business comes in. From the term itself, local SEO means that you’re targeting audiences within your local area, so you’d want to rank higher on search results that are specific within your location.
- A local SEO campaign is a lot cheaper than a national campaign since you’re only targeting one area.
- You have lesser competition if you’d like to rank within your locality.
- You can target specific long-tail keywords that your consumers are using to search for information online, and these geographical keywords have higher conversion rates.
- You can stay within your budget, especially if you’re just starting out as a business.
- You can rank faster when you’re targeting a local audience, especially if you’re using the best local SEO services.
In most cases, you can start with a local SEO campaign and upgrade to a national SEO campaign when you’re already expanding your business, and you’d want to reach more than just your local market. From the term itself, national SEO targets an audience within a country, which means a bigger and more extensive campaign.
- You are focusing on letting people outside your location know about your brand, which is a huge opportunity for a national clientele.
- You get to cater to a much bigger audience, so you can expect your sales to go up, especially with the help of the right search engine marketing service.
- You are going up against bigger companies, so you need to establish yourself as an authority to be given the same credibility as they do.
The main differences
Both local SEO and national SEO are beneficial to your business depending on what stage you are in running your marketing campaigns. Some of the main differences between the two are:
- Running a national SEO campaign takes more time, money and effort than running a local SEO campaign since you’re targeting a bigger audience.
- With national SEO, you need to target more general keywords that are also more difficult to rank for as compared to local SEO keywords.
- National SEO means competing against small and big businesses that want to target the same customers in your country.
- Establishing yourself on a countrywide stage takes more time and effort than doing it within your locality.
- Running a national SEO campaign is far more technical, complex and time-consuming than local SEO, which is why you need to hire a professional SEO services company.
- A national SEO campaign is a lot more expensive than local SEO.
The choice between a local SEO or national SEO campaign will boil down to your marketing goals as a business. To make things easier for you, there’s always the option to hire search engine optimization consulting services from the experts. At Digital Visibility Concepts we work extensively to make your company show, contact us at 800-589-7346 or email us at email@example.com.