1. 40% of all pinners have a household income of $100k per year, and an additional 10% make at least $50k per year.
The disposable income potential on Pinterest, therefore, is high.
2. 29% of US adults are on Pinterest, making it the 4th most popular social media platform.
Only YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram come out on top.
3. There is an average of 2 million people pinning content every day, resulting in more than 100 billion pins currently existing on the platform.
This means lots of potential for circulation, which is good for you.
4. Regular pinners are spending an average of 34 minutes on the site per visit.
This is longer than some other average session lengths on platforms including Facebook (which averages 33 minutes), Instagram (24), and Twitter (24).
5. 50% of Millennials use Pinterest every month.
Millennials are a hot market for a lot of businesses right now, so take note of this.
6. Pinterest has 250 million monthly active users.
This may seem small in comparison with Facebook, but think about your competition levels and the level of engagement happening on Pinterest.
7. 50% of all new accounts are coming from men.
With half of all new signups coming from men, this is closing the gender gap previously on Pinterest.