Like many other business owners, you’re probably looking for ways to improve your search engine optimization techniques and make your company more visible online. This isn’t really surprising since a majority of consumers nowadays spend a large portion of their day online and often use the Internet to find products or services to buy. The good news is that there are dozens of methods that you can use to build brand recognition and reach out to your target audience through the Web, and one such thing you can do is to create a Facebook account for your business.
Does Your Business Really Need a Facebook Page?
For most companies, the answer is “Yes”. While many articles will tell you that Facebook has lost its popularity among certain demographics, the fact is that having a business account on Facebook will make your company more reputable in the eyes of your target market. In fact, if you ask most consumers, they’ll tell you that they find it difficult to trust a business that doesn’t have a Facebook page. This usually stems from the belief that companies that aren’t on Facebook might have something to hide or aren’t adept enough to keep up with the times.
Facebook Business Page Creation: The Basics
The first step in creating a business page on Facebook is to log into your personal Facebook account (or to create one if you aren’t an existing user). This is necessary since Facebook requires all business pages to be managed by at least one page administrator, who has to be an active Facebook user. Once you have your personal account pulled up, head on to facebook.com/pages/create and choose the option for creating a business page. You will need to input the following:
- Your business name — Make sure to choose a name that your customers will most likely type into the search box when they’re looking for your company.
- A short business description — This will appear in the search results, so make sure that it’s concise, informative, and attention-grabbing.
- A profile photo and cover photo — Many businesses choose to use an image of their logo as their profile picture, and this is definitely a good idea if your logo is easily identifiable. However, you can also take the creative approach and use a photo of your most popular product or a picture of your shop if you have a physical location. Your cover photo should be an image that captures your brand personality and will help people connect to what your business stands for.
- A username — If you don’t set a username, Facebook will use a default string of characters and numbers that probably won’t be attractive. Set a creative username that’s easy to type and remember, and will remind people of your business.
- Business details — Your business account on Facebook will have an “About” page, which contains your address, business hours, and other information that your customers might possibly need. Input as much information as possible to transform your Facebook page into a valuable resource for people who want to know more about your business.
- Call to action — Decide on what you want people to do when they arrive at your page. Would you like them to give you a call? Do you want to instruct them to download your business’s mobile application? Use Facebook’s “call to action feature” to make it easier for customers to engage with your company.
Making the Most of Facebook’s Tools and Features
Once you’ve met the basic requirements for creating a Facebook business page, it’s time to optimize your account and transform it into a more effective marketing tool. Using your business’s Facebook account, like other pages that are relevant to your business or industry (just make sure they aren’t your competitors). You can also join relevant groups using your business account so you can interact with potential customers, offer your expertise and provide helpful tips, and build good relationships that will surely benefit your company in the long run.
You can also work with social media specialists who can help you advertise your business on Facebook and widen your reach. Simply search for “social media marketing agency near me” to find reputable companies with the skills and expertise to create the best possible Facebook ads and make your business stand out from the crowd.
Reach Out to the Pros
Creating a business page on Facebook is a must for any company that wants to build and grow their online presence. If you need more tips on promoting your business on Facebook, or if you are ready to set some ads on this or any other social media platform, make sure to contact DVC. We are among the best social media marketing agency since we consistently deliver world-class results to our clients, helping them widen their company’s reach through modern and highly effective social media ads. Find out how our marketing experts can assist you by contacting us at 800-589-7346 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!