What is SEO?
SEO is short for “search engine optimization” – in other words, anything you can do to help your website perform better in search engine results!
SEO includes (but is not limited to!) the following:
- Using the right keywords on your website so potential customers can find you.
- Filling your site with content that your visitors will find helpful and interesting.
- Making sure your website is easy for customers to navigate.
- Using clear and accurate titles and descriptions for every page.
- Avoiding duplicate content.
- Using clear and simple URLs that accurately describe each page.
- Knowing what your customers are looking for – and making sure you have it.
- Using images optimized for display online.
- Making sure your site loads as quickly as possible.
- Designing your site to display well on smartphones, tablets, and desktop computers.
- Adding a blog filled with engaging and useful information
- Updating your blog regularly.
- Linking to relevant websites of value to your customers and getting them to link to you.
Why Do You Need it?
You need SEO because the search engine results really matter to your business!
- 68% of all activity online begins with a search engine. However, 75-95% of potential customers don’t look beyond the first page of search engine results. If you aren’t on the first page, your business is invisible!
- According to Hubspot, 91% of all businesses using SEO for inbound marketing see a positive ROI.
- Only about 3.4% of people will click on the paid ads in search engine results. 70-80% of searchers simply ignore the paid ads. When people do a Google search, they’re usually looking for organic results – the kind SEO can affect!
- Up to 46% of Google searches have a local focus. With good SEO, local searches could lead to you!